Every year “Pilot Season” starts in January and end in April. “Pilot Season” is the time in Los Angeles when networks cast the lead roles for their upcoming season of television. Thus, give a chance to new Los Angeles actors headshots to enter in Hollywood. So, to give a lasting impression every participant need to be well prepared before the start of this amazing season named as “Pilot Season”. Some of the important points are discussed below:
1. Resume Writing: This is the very first and important step to impress the casting director. Your resume must have all necessary credits mentioned so as to make casting director think about you. It’s always better to chat with your agent and discuss, if any point is missing or not.
2. Audition Eligibility: If you are an American by birth or have PR, there is no point to worry. But if you belong from another country and looking for a job, then better to check if you are legally able to work here. You must have at least 0-1 VISA or a Green Card.
3. Strong Representation: Strong Representation is yet another important point and if you don’t have any representation, you are not going to pilot. Your agent must believe you and have connections to get into the room. If you are not confirmed about your agent, it’s better to get another trusted agent who would not spoil your precious time as well as money.
4. Check Readiness: In pilot season, there are chances that you might have lots of last minute auditions. Make sure you have the sharp skills of handling pressure and have a network of experienced acting teachers, coaches and self tape ready to back you in any situation.
5. Actor Headshots: In cases, when your agent is ready to submit you, but you do not have impressive Los Angeles actor headshots, it makes their job harder. So, in situations like this, getting new actor headshots is always a great move.
So, it’s always better to prepare well before the “Pilot Season” start.